Sunday 22 December 2013

Fortune???

Misfortune never comes single, so they say…. what of fortune? I for once have had an overdose of fortune for a day. I get up late for college, miss the college bus and am in a predicament - to use the city bus to reach college, bunk college or to use one of my bikes to reach college. If I use the city bus(I have to use three buses), which I obviously detest, I will be late for college anyways losing almost 500 bucks as loss of pay. If I bunked college, I would lose almost 1000 rupees as loss of pay, which naturally was and is not to my liking at all. What of my bikes then, one might as well as ask…Well….one of my bikes has not cleared the FC inspection and has got no papers certifying it to be used on road. I did not want to take any risks with the law enforcers by using that. The other bike is the mighty Yamaha RD350, which munches miles like it is made to do that only and drinks petrol like a Viking. If I used that I must shell out at least 500 rupees again. Such was my situation. I finally rolled the beast out, perched upon it forlornly and rode it like the devil was after me. Boy! Did it fly! It set the road on fire. Thirty minutes to cover forty kilometres in mediocre traffic. Not bad for the beast!! I reach on time. Fortune number one.I get a call from one of my brothers asking me to pick him up from the airport at five. He did not want to take a taxi and waste money. The luggage he had, required the assistance of two people, courtesy my youngest bro and I. I had the beast with me. The other bike, we call it the pooch, the one without papers, was at home with the youngest one. He is a rookie. The bike is powerful. Did not want him to feed the filth on the way to ride that bike, because a lot were standing to collect whatever they might find to fill their uniformed garbage cans from unwary motorists and poor truck drivers, bringing defamy to the glorious image of India. I had no other option. The rookie was asked to come - slow and careful. I reached on time followed by the kid, grinning from ear to ear because he had come unscathed. We reached home safe. Fortune number two. The beast had actually softened and given a mileage of around 20 kmpl!!!A miracle. Fortune number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment